http://norskerflyfishing.com/rejseprogram/rejseprogram-2012/varzuga/ What is the most important part of your home? If you guessed the foundation, you are correct.
Gura Humorului Your home’s foundation is crucial for everything else to work correctly in your home. From electrical system to water and sewage to windows to basement to even your cabinets, if your foundation has settled or shifted, it will affect everything else.
can you buy stromectol over the counter The importance of a stable foundation cannot be understated.
One of the critical parts of your home’s foundation is its footings.
According to www.concretenetwork.com:
Footings are an important part of foundation construction. They are typically made of concrete with rebar reinforcement that has been poured into an excavated trench. The purpose of footings is to support the foundation and prevent settling. Footings are especially important in areas with troublesome soils.
As you see, without strong footings to support the foundation, it will settle and your home will begin to deteriorate and, literally, fall apart. This is how your foundation and footings interact:
- The foundation connects the walls to the footing.
- The footing can be found in the basement or in the crawl space.
- Footings are then secured to the foundation.
- Footings are specific to the building/home.
- Footings keep it from sinking into the soil.
A structural engineer, who works for the contractor, will advise on the type of footings to be used based on the type soil and the load it is required to carry.. Using that information, they can install the correct foundation and footings for structural stability. (Home in flood zones or earthquake-prone regions may require special types of footings.)
When the home foundation repair contractor arrives, they will do the following:
- Look at damage and crack patterns around the house, look at foundation walls to see if its a settlement issue or at wall bowing in issues from lateral force of the soil Also type of foundation [ block, placed concrete etc] will help determine the repair method
- In some cases soil samples are taken . Soil with clay textures is more stable. A mix of particle sizes are also optimal for foundations. Also, soil that is stable through wetting and drying cycles will not crack foundations, roads or driveways.
Once they have determined what type of footings should be used, then they can make recommendations to the homeowner. Footings are typically made of concrete with rebar reinforcement that is poured into the trench.
Based on the information from the engineer, the home foundation contractor can decide on the proper depth and width for the placement of the footings.
We cannot emphasize enough the importance of your foundation and footings.
M Taylor Enterprise has installed thousands of foundations and footings in the Montgomery County, Maryland area. If think your home may have foundation or footings issues, contact M Taylor Enterprise for a consultation. Our service areas include Montgomery County Howard County and Prince George’s County, Maryland. Call us at (301) 649-3406 or email@example.com.