All those creaks you’re hearing and dampness you’re seeing may be your home’s foundation deteriorating. Your homes foundation may be having issues if you see any off the following;
- vertical or horizontal cracks in the basement walls
- exterior cracks in the masonry
- basement walls bowing in
- water infiltration
- doors begins to jam or fails to latch
- cracks in ceramic floor
- cracks in the walls, doorways, windows or walls
- windows stick or cannot close all the way
- damp carpets
- puddles on basement floor
- discoloring on walls
- damp and moldy drywall
- muddy floors
- flooding in the basement
When these issues are occurring in the home, it usually points to foundation issues.
Poor drainage is usually the causes of water entering the home. It comes in through settled back fill or leaking window wells. These persistent leaks cause major water damage and may decrease the value of your home. Water stains and buildups in the floors and walls also develop into mold which creates a host of health issues which we will discuss in a future blog.
When you start seeing these signs, call a qualified foundation specialists repair company right away. Have them do an inspection and give you an estimate. You should call several companies and have them bid on the job.
When it comes to making foundation repairs, there are many methods of home foundation repair:
- For a settled foundation, helical piers or anchors are driven into the ground and install to a depth below the unstable soil. The foundation adjustment screws then allow lifting of the structure.
- For bowed in walls, Kevlar carbon fiber straps or ‘’I’’ beams are installed to brace the wall , sometimes thru the wall anchors are needed.
- Settled slabs can be lifted with helical piers with slab brackets or grout is pumped beneath the beam or slab that lifts the slab restoring the home to its original elevation.
Once your home foundation is repaired, the problems you had before should be resolved. Foundation issues once meant a home had to be demolished.
However now, with updated technology, experienced foundation contractors can diagnose and repair the foundation and restore it to its original condition or even better. Your most valuable and expensive financial asset can be saved and give you many years of enjoyment.
Our experienced foundation repair team at M Taylor Enterprise will visit your home or business, diagnose the problems and give you an estimate. We get the job done quickly and efficiently. Call us at (301) 649-3406 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.