We take for granted so many things in our life: air conditioning, car engines, microwaves, laptops…chocolate.
One thing we definitely take for granted, and we see it every day, is our driveway. Yes, our driveways serve us in so many ways. We park our cars on it, our kids play on it, we wash our cars on it and the value of our homes is enhanced by it. Our driveways are an integral part of our home.
Proper driveway construction step-by-step process is the following:
- Plan your driveway: Not all driveways are created the same. You have many factors to consider: how many cars will you park on it, will you be able to turn it around on the street, will it match other homes in the neighborhood, how will your neighbors be affected by it, what needs to be removed on your property so the driveway can be installed, how steep will it be so there is no erosion and it will be safe to enter and exit your vehicle on it. (You may want to get a consultation from one or several driveway construction contractors before agreeing on a final plan.)
- Hire a driveway contractor: Once you have planned it, hire a licensed concrete driveway contractor. You may want to get several bids and referrals before making a final decision. Also, find out how long it will take to do the project and if your neighbors will experience and inconveniences. Once you have agreed to a contractor, get it written down on a contract. Make sure you have the financing secured and arrangements made for clearing the land (if needed) so that the concrete paving contractor can begin the project on time.
- Get a building permit: Now that you have the bids and the project is imminent, get a building permit from your local government authorities. Utility lines, wells and runoffs have to be considered and approved before starting. Once approved, you may have to display the permit during the driveway paving.
- Layout begins: Now, the concrete paving contractor can begin the real work! They will layout the entire section planned for your driveway by placing wooden or steel stakes where the driveway will egress the street and at the end or closing point near the home. Builder’s line is then tied on so it’s now easier to see how the new driveway will look.
- Dirt, rocks and vegetation are removed: Now that the layout is clear, the contractor then removes all of the debris within the lines. Dirt, rocks, vegetation and other debris is removed clearing the way for a smoother and flatter driveway.
- make sure proper finishing techniques are used, do not add water to the surface of the concrete ever. Do not over water the concrete in the ready mix truck
- Utilities are marked: Outdoor power, gas lines, telephone/WiFi lines and water lines may be in the layout. Miss Utility will mark them clearly and protect them from being impacted.
- Metal forms are best : These are walls that are straight and on grade so that when concrete is placed, they won’t move or expand.
- Grading of soil: Driveways need to be 6 inches thick. Thus, fill material is added as need to obtain a consistent thickness
- Fill material is compacted: Your concrete driveway paving contractor then uses a plate compactor, using water to mold it, to compact the base materials
- Reinforcing steel or polypropylene fiber added into the concrete is installed: These bars are laid before the concrete is placed .
- Concrete is placed: Then your contractor, using a concrete ready mix truck, places the plastic concrete into the layout.
- Slab is completed: The construction team then uses brooms or other tools to make it as flat as possible.
- Concrete is cured: Your contractor then applies either a curing compound or a burlap sheeting so that it drys but not too quickly. Typically it takes around seven days to dry and be ready for use.
Your new driveway is a precise operation which requires a licensed concrete paving contractor. Once you have done it, you will have a driveway you can be proud of, use often and will add to the value of your home.
M Taylor Enterprise’s experienced concrete driveway construction team will visit your home in the Silver Spring, Maryland, Montgomery County, Maryland, Prince George’s County, Maryland and parts of Howard County MD. We can give you a consultation on it. We get the job done quickly and efficiently. Call us for concrete construction and repair at (301) 649-3406 or email us at email@example.com.
Francisco castellano riceve kevin hernandez, campione nazionale di bodybuilding naturale nella sua categoria e campione assoluto wnbf spagna 2021-valsequillo de gran canaria consiglio comunale anabolizzanti bodybuilding master in tecniche di fitness, bodybuilding, bodybuilding e nutrizione avanzata (distanza) da anef training di tecnici fitness – iberestudios.